Monday, December 31, 2012

My Interest in Wreslting

Hey there blogger land,

As you can see, my roommate and I are starting up this blog that is based around our love and passion for the world of professional wrestling. He is more on the casual side of the spectrum as he mainly just watches Monday Night Raw on a semi-regular basis; whereas, I am more on the hardcore side of the spectrum as I am always wanting to know more about the industry and find out any possible "behind the scenes" rumors, talks, and plans. Though I like to think of myself as a "smart fan" or a "smark" I know full-well that in reality I know nothing as far as what really happens backstage in the WWE, TNA, and any other professional wrestling organization out there... I just like to think I do.

My love of professional wrestling starts as far back as I remember. It all started when I was a little kid and had one of my friends spend the night. We found ourselves watching TV, flipping through channels, well past our bedtime when all of a sudden we came across this crazy sport-like show, Monday Night Raw Is War. This was my first time truly watching a professional wrestling show, and I found myself instantly enthralled by the characters, commentary, and action that took place during this 2 hour broadcast. Little did I know that from that point on I would find myself tuning into this program, along with Monday Nitro, on a weekly basis for years to come.

As a wrestling fan it can often be hard to truly explain why you are a fan of this "scripted sport." Over the years I have had quite the time trying to explain exactly what I find so intriguing about professional wrestling. I myself have always been a very physically active person. Ever since I first discovered wrestling I have always had such a great amount of respect and amazement at the level of athleticism that is presented to me on a weekly, if not daily, basis on a professional wrestling show. Professional wrestling is a very unique form of entertainment, with a combination of action, drama, comedy, and story-telling.

Reading back on this blog seems like a bit of rambling without actually answering the question I posed earlier that asks, "Why am I a fan of professional wrestling?" I believe this question is one that cannot be answered with a simple one dimensional statement. It's the same reason why people love any other sport, TV show, or movie. I believe professional wrestling has a little bit of everything for everyone... whether or not people will give it the time of day. My love for professional wrestling is unexplainable for the most part. All I can say is I've been hooked since the very first time I've watched.

Well, that's it for my first entry to the blog. Stay tuned for more as we are planning on updating this blog quite regularly.

Signed,

The Hardcore Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment